Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using editable/restrictable forms and duplicating fields..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using editable/restrictable forms and duplicating fields..

ok, so, that's a long title, but anyway.,

I'm working on a form at the moment. Among other things, it has fields for things like:

"Company name" and "physical address" and "address2" and "address3"

Later down the form, I refer to the same things.

so I've got a field for a "primary contact" and on that section, i want a drop-down to choose which "address" they work from.

I want to configure it so, once they've filled out, it can auto-populate the drop down

does this make sense.. ?

Basically, I don't want them to have to re-type information that needs to be in there several times...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: using editable/restrictable forms and duplicating fields..

You don't say what technology is housing this form, but if it web you would need something ajaxy to collect and redisplay on the fly.
    A word or pdf doc would need a "submit" or "refresh" in order to collect prior data a use it to display options. Pretty sure the same for outlook forms....
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

sorry.. yes I should have said.
      It's a word document. Sounds like it'/s not going to be too easy.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I am not aware of any way do what you ask, but perhaps a marco and submit and refresh, but then it is harder to distribute.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X