Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOCX as ZIP

Hi,

I am trying to download Office 2007 files (docx) on XP SP2-3 workstations (with office 2007 installed) from IIS6 server (w2003). When I choose to save the file (at IExplore prompt) Save as dialog recognizes docx file as compressed folder. I checked MIME extensions on IIS - all office 2007 extensions are added. So is there any way to change this? I want XP to recognize offic documents as office documents.

Thank you in advance,
    Evgeny.

Re: DOCX as ZIP

you mention the mime extensions are already there, that's a great start. Here comes my question:

Has it ever allowed you to download the DocX files as a unique file?
    Did you, or someone else, install the additional mime connectors?
    do you only have a single IIS server in your farm?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      Here are the answers for your questions:
      1. No, the problem started with office 2007 (docx files). Office 2003 documents (doc files) were downloading fine.
      2. What do you mean by "additional" and by "connectors"? I added all required (found on the net) office 2007 MIME extensions to the IIS.
      3. I have test environment with a single IIS, and prod environment with 4 IIS servers in farm. The problem exists everywhere.

Comment

sorry mate, used the wrong words.

So you've added the relevant Mime Extensions to IIS across all your 4 servers.
        Despite adding these extensions, it's still not working correctly.
        Is that right?

Did you get it working in your Test environment?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes, in prod environment it doesn't work despite MIME extensions added.
          It does not work in test environment too.

Comment

Alright. Just so I'm clear here, then I'll go on.

In your test environment, you added some MIME extensions, to ensure you could download DocX files.

This did not work, so, you migrated your change into your production environment. Where it also did not work.

Ok so here comes my question. Please bear in mind that I'm going to focus ONLY on your test environment here, because I do not see the point ?(and, in fact, see a distinct lack of intelligence) in migrating a change to a prod environment before it works in test

Once you added the additional mime extensions to the IIS configuration, did you restart IIS ?

Comment

Yes, I did iisreset many times since then.

And for the change migration:
              I installed o2007 MIME extensions on prod servers to solve another problem: IIS6 does not allow download files with unregistered MIME extensions (I could not download docx files at all), so I added them and it solved the problem. And only after that we found another problem - the current problem you helping me to solve.

Comment

ok well.. the only time I've found it not work is when I've mistyped something...

best bet is to have someone else triple-check your work

Comment

Working...
                X