Outlook PST Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook PST Repair

I have a problem in my Outlook file its not showing the contents of mails let me explain when i opened my outlook mail box and then i click on mail its not opening and i am not able to see the contents of my mail please suggest me some solution to this.

Re: Outlook PST Repair

What is your setup, PC with local PST and POP/SMTP or domain with Exchange?

What makes you think it might be a PST problem? It could be a profile or addon issue too so some further checks may be needed.

Comment

You don't say which version of OUtlook it is, but all (IIRC) include "scanpst", an app which will rebuild a corrupted PST file (not lossless, though)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Does the 5,000 message limit do that? Can't remember the effect is.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Take that .pst file and mount it into PST Walker (google it). Then, you can search or browse your contacts.

Comment

Hi,

I think your Outlook PST file might be corrupted, because most of times, these type of errors point to a single reason i.e. corruption of PST file. Try to repair it using some inbox repair tool. You can also use the default tool which comes with outlook installation package but chances of repair are very few, because it is not a professional tool and even last time when i tried, it fails in the middle and says not responding.

Better download some third party utilities and try. you will get good results.
            Last edited by biggles77; 28th December 2011, 01:31. Reason: Remove URL

Comment

scanPSt can be frustrating.. but it doesn't always freeze in the middle.. it just looks like it stops responring.. but with scanpst, and compresspst, you just need to be patient and give it time.. especially when you're dealing with large PST files
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X