copy calendar items to shared calendar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy calendar items to shared calendar

Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2007 clients. Any way I can have appointments in personal calendar automatically copied to a shared calendar?

Re: copy calendar items to shared calendar

Keep in mind that it might not always be appropriate for somebody's personal appointments to be publically viewable.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Should be possible to write a rule to do it
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Keep in mind that it might not always be appropriate for somebody's personal appointments to be publically viewable.
        It's a work environment and it's so we can coordinate schedules and see activity - when I said personal I meant the main calendar in Outlook - terminology gaffe.

As for writing rules, I've done some googling and searched through Outlook - doesn't seem to be a built in rule set for Calendar items. If you could point me in thr right direction, please do.

So far no luck

Comment

I appreciate that it's a work environment, but I'd be very surprised if people didn't use their calendars to record some personal events, or work events that they wouldn't want to make public (such as a confidential meeting with a supervisor, union rep, company doctor etc).

If you're going to automate the publishing of appointments, ensure that you give all of your users advance notice before doing so and run it by your HR department.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X