Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After update of 2008r2 RDS session host to SP1, outlook 2007 crashes on NETAPI32.dll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After update of 2008r2 RDS session host to SP1, outlook 2007 crashes on NETAPI32.dll

I have updated my RDS session host to SP1 over the weekend, and the upgrade wend OK. The only problem is that after the update, outlook 2007 crashes in all sessions with the following message:

"The file NETAPI32.dll is incompatible with microsoft office outlook. Install outlook again."
    I have reinstalled office, which did not help at all.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Re: After update of 2008r2 RDS session host to SP1, outlook 2007 crashes on NETAPI32.

Seems netapi32.dll is a bloody troublemaker (according to the Google hits). Do you have a copy of Outlook 2010 x64 you could temporarialy install to see if that works? I am running Outlook x64 and had no issue after installing SP1. I know we are talking 2 different O/S but they have similarities.

And the obvious:
    Have you tried to deregister and then re-register the offending dll?
    The image is from my Win 7 SP1 x64 machine. How does the dll compare with yours? Got to find a pre SP1 file and compare that to see if there was a change. By the date on the file properties it has been change so maybe someone made a boo boo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	win7 x64 netapi32.dll.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	464783
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: After update of 2008r2 RDS session host to SP1, outlook 2007 crashes on NETAPI32.

thanks for that, I'll post screenshots later on today, when the users log out.

I have to use 2007 unfortunately - some of the software used doesn't support 2010 OR x64, so I'm rather stuck there

As for the DLL - I've tried replacing it with a pre-SP1 version (total fail), and I've removed/installed, and tried "repair" on msoffice itself so far, with no results

Comment

an MS rep replied here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-2193022bd2d3/

Seems like the DLL itself is corrupted, I cant unregister it, regsvr32 doesn't see it as a valid DLL

Comment

I can either email or you can collect the dll from my FTP if you wish. Specify the version x86 or x64. Send me a PM if you want to try that as I am likely to lose this thread again.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have already tried to replace the file - doesn't help, tried to use the dll from a pre-upgrade R2 and from an upgraded one as well

Comment

Working...
            X