Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS Office 2007 std, on a 2008R2 RDS session - additional language and proofing tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Office 2007 std, on a 2008R2 RDS session - additional language and proofing tools

Hi all,

I have a terminal server, with a bunch of users running MS Office 2007 std in. Some of them have recently been asking for better multilanguage support.

Since I'm in a select agreement, I've gone into the Volume Licensing Service Center and downloaded the following three ISOs:
    Office Multilanguage Packs 2007 (DVD)
    Office Multilanguage Packs 2007 (CD)
    Office Multilanguage Pack 2007 Service Pack 1
    But having mounted the ISOs in my RDS host, I still can't install anything they contain. I am quite probably doing something wrong, or maybe I need to be running Office pro version?

please F1
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Re: MS Office 2007 std, on a 2008R2 RDS session - additional language and proofing to

The Standard version is just fine. http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_la...-pack-lip.aspx

What happens when you run the SETUP.EXE file (oops, just looked at my language ISO file and it is a tad under 7GB, not a typo, 7GB. Downloaded from TechNet and it has a SETUP.EXE file), does your CD or DVD have a run file in the root?

Unfortunately I can't find anything else as Google has changed their bloody alogorytheme again and searching is now a nightmare. Most of the searches end up at Office 2010 even when searching specificially for Office 2007.

I did read one fleeting mention about using the Office 2007 Resource Kit but it didn't elaborate on what one should do with it.

Since you are running this on a Terminal Server this thread may be better in the TS Forum where Yuval may have an idea or 2.

Let us know if you would like it moved to there.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: MS Office 2007 std, on a 2008R2 RDS session - additional language and proofing to

D:\OMUI.ar-sa\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present
      this is what I get

Comment

Ok, but how do you get that message?
        Autorun?
        After setup.exe
        Running a *.msi file?

How did you obtain the CD and DVD?
        Is this message from the CD or from the DVD?

Have you tried copying the files to a HDD and then removing the folder OMUI.ar-sa which I am assuming is a language folder?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I got the message by running setup.exe, as you advised. Maybe there's some sort of protection I can remove in win2008r2?

Comment

Seems to be a common issue. http://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=en...0f9b0605844ddb

Suggestion seems to be to copy the contents to a HDD and replace the problem DLL with another one from the CD or DVD.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks, I'll try it tonight, after I'm done with the move to rhel5.6, and update

Comment

ok, final-ish update: got it working by downloading and installing office language packs separately per every required language. Guess the DVD is broken somehow, and after re-downloading it a few times, I suspect it might be broken on the server side

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Sure was a weird one.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

sorry it took so long been rather busy. btw, any chance you can provide input for the new outlook 2007 issue I've posted today?

Comment

Working...
                    X