Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the options when Access export to Excel..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the options when Access export to Excel..?

Hello Guys...
    I have report in MS Access 2007, the record type is single (float) and its formatting is currency. I want to export the report to MS Excel. How can I configure the option, so I have number (float) value in Excel instead of string (text)...? The problem is: I can't operate the string (text) in Excel, because the dollar ($) sign is on the column.. It's not possible if I have to delete each one of the dollar sign in every single column to get the number value...
    Do you have any idea..?
    Thanks for sharing....

Regards,
    HENDHY

Re: Where is the options when Access export to Excel..?

After have been struggling... Finally I found the problem.. IT was the Regional Settings... Because it's not English US, then the export result bring the Dollar ($) sign to the column. After I had set the Regional Settings to English US, the export result is float, without dollar ($) sign...

I hope it will help you guys...

Regards,
    HENDHY

Comment

Re: Where is the options when Access export to Excel..?

Originally posted by hendhy84 View Post
      Hello Guys...
      I have report in MS Access 2007, the record type is single (float) and its formatting is currency. I want to export the report to MS Excel. How can I configure the option, so I have number (float) value in Excel instead of string (text)...? The problem is: I can't operate the string (text) in Excel, because the dollar ($) sign is on the column.. It's not possible if I have to delete each one of the dollar sign in every single column to get the number value...
      Do you have any idea..?
      Thanks for sharing....

Regards,
      HENDHY
      I had similar problems importing from mainframe files into Excel.
      1. copy the imported text in another column using a formula to drop the sign
      2.Copy the new column unto itself as values only
      3 copy the new file to another column to convert from text to number (cnum)
      4 copy unto ilself to drop the formula
      5. You can copy it back to the original column.

Comment

Working...
      X