No announcement yet.

Black borders appearing around text boxes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black borders appearing around text boxes

I have a client who has 5 satellite offices. Part of their daily routine is to print customer menus which are downloaded from the corporate website. The files come down in Word format. Ever since replacing one of the laptops which included Office 2007, every time they download the menus, there is a black border around every text box. There are other stores which have the exact same laptops and software and this does not happen and it never happens on the older laptops with Office 2003.

Anybody seen this and/or have a solution?

Re: Black borders appearing around text boxes

Sounds like incompatible formatting in the document. A screen shot of an example might aid in diagnosing this.

Does it apply to every user of the laptop or just one?

Try deleting the normal template ( as it may be due to a style setting there
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I had some misinformation. Got hands on all of the laptops today and EVERY computer with Office 2007 is having this issue. Screenshot is attached. Basically everything that is not an alphanumeric character should not be there. They are table and cell borders which do not show in Word 2003.

I can remove the borders manually but there are hundreds of them per document. Is there an easy way to mass remove all borders from all tables in a document?
        Attached Files