Outlook 2007 calendar export/import

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 calendar export/import

I am trying to merge two outlook calendars into a third calendar. I have been able to view as an overlay but cant seem to be able to export the two calendars while excluding personal appts on one or both of the two calendars I am merging from. The user does not want to personal appts to be merged into the third calendar. I would have thought that somehow I could incoude or exclude appt marked but so far I have not seen anyway to do this although I know Outlook knows they are differnet since for one calendar you can exclude them and they have a different color. Any suggestions or how to do this ? Thanks Mike

Re: Outlook 2007 calendar export/import

View by category and then drag and drop the non-personal categories to the new calendar
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I should have been clear. I am looking for some automated way. Each calendar is ownder by a different user and the third or calendar they are trying to merge to is to be just a view of the other two. This is why is showed them the overlay calendar with Prt Assistant. The problem is that it does not allow you to exclude any type of appt from being viewed in the merge calendar and there does not seem to be anyway to exclude those type of appts from being merged along with the normal type of appts

Comment

OK -- sorry, I thought you were trying to physically move them.

AFAIK what you are seeing is design behaviour -- private appointments show the time is earmarked but do not show what it is for. The assumption is someone needs to know your schedule so when the private appts are is relevant
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X