Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many seats is a particular VLM license good for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many seats is a particular VLM license good for?

Hi,
    I have recently taken over the network administration for a smallish regional office of education, around 40 employees-80 machines. We have a volume license for Office 2007 Enterprise.

About half are running Office 2003, the rest 2007. I have been asked when I am going to upgrade the rest, the problem is I have no documentation on how many seats were bought. I would hate to upgrade everybody only to find out we only have 20 licenses (or Less).

Does anybody know how to determine the number of licenses are authorized for a volume license (by key or other means).

Let me make it clear I do not want to exceed the number we have paid for. I am reluctant to deal directly with Microsoft or a reseller
    until I am sure that we are under our paid for limit.

Sorry for the complex post, but I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Thanks
    Scott

Re: how many setas is a particular VLM license good for?

Should, IIRC, be on the eOpen web site if you have access -- if not you can ask for it without telling MS why you need it.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Education sites have different VLK deals with MS depending on the Country you are in. I would suggest finding out who is the appropriate reseller to your educational area and talk to them. They will have copies of your licences.
      Last edited by biggles77; 13th April 2010, 04:38. Reason: Fix typo
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Now would be a good time to speak to your MS licencing people and build up a relationship.

Else can you not trace down the original purchase order and determine from that what was bought.

Comment

Working...
        X