Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items for upgrading project 2003 server to project 2007

Hi,

I want to know if it is diffecult to upgrade from project 2003 server to project 2007 server.
    What can I expect, what happens with the sql database, must that also be upgraded? what happens with all the projects.

Can anyone advice me on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Bart

Re: Items for upgrading project 2003 server to project 2007

AFAIK it is a straightforward upgrade and your data will not be affected
    Also you can run both versions in parallel:
    http://office.microsoft.com/download...AM101638591033
    WARNING -- opens DOC file
    In the traditional sense, upgrading from a previous version is often thought of as an "in place" process in which the application's binaries and data are upgraded from the previous version to a newer version. For example, upgrading from Project Server 2002 to Project Server 2003 was an "in place" process. In contrast, upgrading to Office Project Server 2007 is a data migration process. In this process, Office Project Server 2007 is installed first (on the same computer as the previous version of Project Server or on a different one). Then data from the previous version is migrated. There is no actual upgrade of the binaries. The administrator then has the choice of running both versions concurrently or removing the older version.
    Please ensure you have good backups (data and server) before you start
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Items for upgrading project 2003 server to project 2007

Thanks for the document and the answer.

Regards Bart

Comment

Working...
      X