No announcement yet.

Publisher problems after SP2 -- fix (split from SP2 sticky)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publisher problems after SP2 -- fix (split from SP2 sticky)

Office 207 SP2 can cause issues with Publisher. Specifically, Publisher cannot open certain files and gives the following error message:

Publisher cannot open this file Error 1100009.

We had this happen with one of our systems (12 in total have 2007 SP2 installed). The error is documented in Microsoft KB article 972566:

Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June 30, 2009

A hotfix is available from the KB article. It is not a fully tested patch, but it worked flawlessly on the one system experiencing this problem. The only other repair option is to uninstall SP2 on effected systems.

I was banging my head on this for several days, so I thought I would share my findings. Sorry if this isn't appropriate content for the sticky.

Re: Office 2007 SP2 is out

No, this was posted in the appropriate location. The link is appreciated as well. Thanks.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Office 2007 SP2 is out

However, I am splitting it to a thread of its own to make it easier for others with the same issue to find this info

Good post, rep++
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **