No announcement yet.

Unusual Excel Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Excel Issue

Hey guys,

I have been experiencing an unusual Excel 2007 SP2 issue as of late. When I doubleclick an Excel file to open it, Excel opens up but not the workbook. However, when I minimize or maximize(restore) the window it workbook loads right away. I have tried numerous fixes that were on internet (i.e.: setting to ignore application, unreg and regserver, installed all the latest updates, and ran a Microsoft Diagnostics). Subsequently, none of the solutions worked. I was wondering, has anyone else seen this issue before. Also, when I open it any other way than left clicking on the file, it works fine (i.e.: recent documents, open document, etc).

Last edited by alpha202ej; 6th August 2009, 19:13.

Re: Unusual Excel Issue

Does this problem affect just you or every user of this computer?

If you're on a domain with a roaming profile, does this problem follow you to other computers, or only affect this one?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.