Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft 2007 office and will not print, confused???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft 2007 office and will not print, confused???

I am running Vista Ultimate with an Athlon tm processor, with 1532mb of RAM at 32bits. I do not understand word and excel were printing fine a few weeks ago and no new programs have been installed on the operating system. The printer has ink and is printing I have printed a test page to check for diagnostic purposes to verify that was not the issue. Also items from the internet can be printed with no problems. The system does have Norton anti-virus that runs every night. Also a disk defrag is done at least every 3 week of the month if not every two weeks. I have been searching the internet looking for a possible software update or driver that might fix the issue and have not been successful. I hope someone has at least an idea of something I can try. Thanks for your help

Re: Microsoft 2007 office and will not print, confused???

Is office in "Trial mode"?
    IIRC after your free usage, it will go to cripple mode and stop printing among other things

Can you print from other applications e.g. Internet Explorer?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Is office in "Trial mode"?
      IIRC after your free usage, it will go to cripple mode and stop printing among other things

Can you print from other applications e.g. Internet Explorer?

I checked the properties and there is a product ID so I do not think that the software is a trial I am sure we purchase the computer with the office 2007. I downloaded recommended Microsoft office 2007 updates, but they have not helped. I tried to contact Microsoft online support and they wanted me to pay and I decided to research more to find an answer. I am still able to print form word pad, that is part of the office package right? I do want to thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

No, WordPad is not part of Office
        You could check by going into Word, click the Office button then WORD OPTIONS--RESOURCES--click the Activate button
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It sounds to me like you have purchased a version of Office, but haven't installed the key, and now that the Office Trial has reached it's expiry date, it's no longer working..

Did you get a yellow envelope with your system, or an Office 'brochure-like card'?
          If so, your key will be in there..

DJ

SIDE NOTE:
          w00t, 50 Posts !!!
          Another 5000 or so till i'm even CLOSE to you Ossian haha..
          Last edited by djohn86; 11th June 2009, 02:07.
          Daniel John
          A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
          ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Working...
          X