Installed fonts not available in MS Publisher 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed fonts not available in MS Publisher 2007

I am running a Student/Home edition of MS Office 2003. Recently I installed a separate edition of Publisher 2007. The fonts available to me with all other Office applications do not show up when I work in Publisher. The Help menu is not helpful on this topic.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My sanity hangs in the balance.

Thank you!
    iapinabq

Re: Installed fonts not available in MS Publisher 2007

Are you working on a Web page at all? If so, there are only a few available Web fonts (About 11 I think).
    In a modest attempt to salvage your sanity, I am providing you with this link : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pu...339511033.aspx

Hope it helps
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thank you for your valiant effort.

Actually, the font list posted there for Web use are the same ones available for the types of Publisher file I use (i.e. the easy ones). I have found two ways to use fonts not on that list:
      1. I can type the words I want to use in a Word file (or PowerPoint, I suppose, or maybe any Office Suite program), then copy and paste them into the Publisher file.
      2. I can create a new font scheme. Choosing this option in the Format Publication pane brings up all the fonts that are on my system.
      The second item sort of works for me, though with less flexibility and fewer options than I would like. The first doesn't let me change anything about the font except its color once I've applied it.

So I guess I'm still in search of an answer.

Thanks for your help!
      iapinabq

Comment

Are you (have you) logged on to the system with an Administrator or a User account? If as a User account, logon once as Administrator, check the fonts available in publisher and see what is available.

If all fonts are available, log back on as the User account and check fonts again.

Post back with results and if nothing has changed let us know what operating system you are using, what account type you are logging on with and what Service packs you have running on the 3 different programs involved.

Also, have you installed the Office 2007 Compatiblilty Pack? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923505 (clutching straws now)
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X