Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make excel tables change automatically.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make excel tables change automatically.

Hey!

I need a help with my assigment.
    I have a table, where I need to calculate the interest rate payments.

So, I have the interest rate and a number of years. Then I created a new table, to calculate the ending principal balance. The table goes down-down and ends up with 0 balance, which is correct.

But, here goes the problem, I need somehow a table to change in respect to the change of the number of years. For example, if I put 10 years of payment, the table would be much longer, but instead of drugging the formula down, so that it would show my numbers, I want my table to do it automaticaly.
    Is there any way to make it this way???

thx a lot!

Re: How to make excel tables change automatically.

Er....
    If we help you, how is it "your assignment"?

As a hint, look at conditional formatting or an IF function to show / hide cell contents
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well, the most of assignment, I already did, I just cant figure out this little point.

Im not sure if it is possible with IF function the borders of the table would change too and the formulas to calculate the numbers would extend on rows lower.

Comment

another hint, look at the amortization template installed in every excel....
        keep an eye on that conditional formating.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Rather than dropping us little snippets of information (did your first post mention borders?), why not post the whole assignment and what you've done so far up here, so we can see the big picture. We don't do peoples homework for them, but some kind soul might look at it and give you some more help. Of course said kind soul might be one of your teachers....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X