No announcement yet.

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

I recently removed admin rights from our end user computers (XP Pro-32bit). Everything works great using the "run as" option, except for Outlook 2007. That option doesn't seem to be available for Outlook. Whenever a user launches, they receive an error message stating "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook." The only way to get Outlook to launch is to return local admin rights. All other Office products work.

We are using an Exchange server, though it is in another office, and I do not have access to it. The end users have full control access to C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office and C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I also granted them access to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office.

Is there anything else I need to give them access to? Any other ideas? I completed the installation of the software with admin rights, and am only now taking them away. I thought maybe there was an Active Directory issue here (since I inherited our current PDC and the associated AD accounts), but it's happening on all new users too.

I even added a new profile, and changed the security settings from "Negotiate Authentication" to "Password Authentication (NTLM). Still no dice...

Can't find anything helpful about this on Google...

Last edited by biggles77; 26th February 2009, 04:47.