Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamically update the time displayed during a presentation

Hi all,

I've inserted the time into a slide in a presentation and set it to update automatically - that much works fine. What I want though is for the time to automatically update during the presentation on a single slide, not just when you advance to a new slide, start the slideshow or open the file. I imagine this is possible with VBA, if so can anybody suggest what code I need to add to make this happen? I've found this code snippet * to refresh the current slide:

Code:
    Sub RefreshSlide()
        Dim lSlideIndex As Long
        lSlideIndex = SlideShowWindows(1).View.CurrentShowPosition
        SlideShowWindows(1).View.GotoSlide lSlideIndex
    End Sub
    and I can make it loop with a For-Next loop. What I'm not sure of though is how to have the macro automatically run when the slideshow is started.

Any suggestions?

* http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00030.htm
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 14th January 2009, 18:26.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Dynamically update the time displayed during a presentation

http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/...int-opens.html
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Dynamically update the time displayed during a presentation

Thanks for the link, looks like that'll do what I need. Unfortunately though the machine we want to run the presentation on only has the PPT viewer installed, not Powerpoint. I thought I had mentioned that in my first post, seemingly not though, sorry.

I've been browsing around and it seems that Powerpoint 2007, unlike Word and Excel doesn't by default enable VBS - that requires you to use a suitable add-in, which I don't believe is possible with the PPT viewer.

Ah well, would have been nice but by no means essential.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X