Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office / Word 2007 Slow

Hi,

I am running Office 2007 enterprise edition SP 1 on Windows XP SP 3. Whenever I swap between applications and go back to working in word it takes forever, I spend most of my time watching the egg timer.

I most recently installed the hotfix officekb955587fullfilex86glb/12.0000.6324.5000 without any improvement.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Office / Word 2007 and know of a fix?. I think the issue is the whole office suite, I did a re-installation with little effect. I am getting sick of word crashing and having to wait while it recovers my work.

Cheers

Liam

Re: Office / Word 2007 Slow

What are the specs of your PC?
    Have you looked in task manager at individual apps processor and RAM usage?
    Is this just you or other enterprise users?
    How long is "forever"? (and what apps are you swapping between)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Try disabling AV plugins as well (only to test in a secure environment obviously)
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

The machine I am using is an Asus notebook with a Core 2 duo 2 Ghz and 1.5 Gb's of ram, running XP this machine is generally very quick.

If I am using Word and go to MSN messenger, a browser or even if the screensaver kicks in, and then I try to get back into Word and start typing Word pretty much hangs, just goes to not responding in task manager.

I have removed my antivirus while I test, I still have Spybot on but am going to remove that as well so there shouldn't be anything else that would mess with Word?.

This is becoming very annoying. BTW if I go into Excel and do the same kinds of things using multiple apps it is fine.

Thanks

Comment

Fixed it. The issue was related to the Google Desktop Add-in. Once I removed this Word stopped hanging.

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the solution. It really is appreciated.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X