Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Formatting

Hi

Problem users are reporting which seems very basic but yet I still cannot find a resolution...

When users are creating an email with tab key spacing, after its sent, the received email is all skewed and messed up. Even if the email is sent to oneself.

Example:
    Code:
    1<tab>2<tab>3<tab>4<tab5>
    when received it comes out like

Code:
    Of course with real (longer) text the problem is magified.

I have found the culprit as using Word as the default editor. This happens in 2003 as well (how I tested it) - and in 2003 if I disable Word as the default editor the problem goes away.

However, in 2007 it seems Word is the ONLY editor??

Re: Outlook 2007 Formatting

Does the problem exist if you change the message format to plaintext?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

No, HTML only!

Comment

Unforunately, Microsoft have never been capable of producing a product that outputs clean HTML, and certainly none of the Office products do it - have a read of http://technologyinside.com/2007/01/...-2007-is-word/

At present I don't believe it's possible to change the Outlook editor. However I am not able to reproduce this error in Outlook 2007 using the HTML mail format. Is your copy of Office up to date?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I read that article too, such typical Microsoft

I will try getting the user(s) to update and seeing if it helps or not.

Thanks.

Comment

Not that I'm supporting IE 7 in any way - if Firefox were Group Policy aware I'd do away with IE in a flash - but it seems kind of dumb to release the "best ever" version of a product and then not use it... I mean even IE renders HTML better than Word does.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
            X