SharePoint BPM and Help Desk using Infopath Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharePoint BPM and Help Desk using Infopath Forms

Okay, First of All - I hope this is in the right forum.

I have run across the "SharePoint BPM and Help Desk demo.ppt" on the MS site, and my boss has decided that since MOSS can have a helpdesk built into it, we do not need to purchase a helpdesk solution. The document is very vague as to what needs to be done. I have tried a few things, and have worked on creating a solution for this for about 4 days now. I'm curious if anyone has created a Helpdesk solution using Sharepoint 2K7, and Infopath 2K7 Forms? Has anyone run across any step by step documents? ( I have been to several places, and cannot locate anything to provide assistance ) I would appreciate any information that would be helpful.

Thanks,

"B"

Re: SharePoint BPM and Help Desk using Infopath Forms

What steps have you taken so far?

The Helpdesk "template" needs to be installed through a series of specific steps. This is all documented on the SharePoint pages.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have followed the steps according to what microsoft provides for importing the templates. I have succeeded doing that thus far, However that is not where my question lies. I am curious to know about the powerpoint I have described in my original thread. I am curoius to know what steps were taken to import, link, etc... the infopath forms into Sharepoint and provide a "like" solution as is described in the powerpoint.

Thanks, Brent

Comment

Perhaps you might like to link to the site the PowerPoint slideshow is on. The only reference Google has of it is in this thread.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/d...displaylang=en

or

search Google for

SharePoint_BPM_and_Help_Desk_Demo.ppt

Comment

Thanks for that. Will look at it tomorrow.

Don't you just hate the way they index some things.

I searched for "SharePoint BPM and Help Desk demo.ppt" (in quotes) and got the following results.

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...+demo%2eppt%22
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am sure that this request has been beaten to death, but I have looked around on Google, Petri, etc... , and watched videos that Microsoft provides on their site, and I am not able to locate a good means of instructions, or some guidance to create a customized "help Desk" using the Sharepoint Server 2007. I have played around with the Sharepoint Designer2k7, WorkFlows, etc... But I am not able to get the site to do what I want it to do. Based on my reading, there are others in the same situation I am in, but they have not located a solution either.

If anyone has any idea, sites to share, etc... please do so.

Brent

Comment

Does this help?

http://blogs.msdn.com/johnwe/archive...-infopath.aspx

I believe the helpdesk template is based on Sharepoint lists, so hopefully should do.

Comment

Working...
                X