Cannot Uninstall Office 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Uninstall Office 2007

Attempting to uninstall Office 2k7 and get the error: "the installation source for this product is not available" I tired to uninstall it manually with this KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 but i get the same message when i am at the "uninstall" phase. I tried inserting the CD and uninstalling through the installer but still does not work. Don't know where to go from this point, please help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JiantJon; 28th August 2008, 22:31.

Re: Cannot Uninstall 2k7

Let's get clear what it is you're actually trying to uninstall... there is no such product as Windows 2007. Do you mean Office 2007? Exchange 2007?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Office 2007 it seems, as that is what his link is about, and this is the Office 2007 forum I've updated the thread title to clarify this.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Cannot Uninstall Office 2007

whoops yes, i meant office, sorry dealing with that and an exchange issue im being pulled in all different directions today

Comment

OK, so on which OS is it installed? Have you tried doing it from (a) the same user who first installed it and (b) the same CD or network drive from which it was originally installed?

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
            Office 2007 it seems, as that is what his link is about, and this is the Office 2007 forum I've updated the thread title to clarify this.
            urk! I never look at what forum I'm in - a by-product of using the "New Posts" link at top left!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              OK, so on which OS is it installed? Have you tried doing it from (a) the same user who first installed it and (b) the same CD or network drive from which it was originally installed?
              It is Windows XP Pro. And yes I have attempted as the user that installed it in the first place. And the same CD it was originally installed from.

Comment

Have you tried reinstalling Office 2007 (reboot) and then use the Add Remove applet?
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X