Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 Copy/Paste & Errors Editing Pre-defined Signature

Hey guys,

I have a few issues that someone else here might know the answer to. We just recently upgraded our Outlook 2003 installations with Outlook 2007 (maybe 6-7 machines total). Problem #1, we didnt have licenses for the whole Office 2007 Suite, so we only upgraded Outlook (which we do have licenses for). Obviously we were expecting some issues after upgrading, most of which would be compatibility issues with Word 2003 and Outlook 2007. Being MS changed the format to the new Docx format we pretty much knew it wouldnt be using Word as its editor anymore. Now onto the actual problem...

One of our users tries to copy information from an email to a website in order to log her support tickets. She clicks on forward (so she displays the current date and time) then copies the contents of the email (using either ctrl+v or right click copy) then pastes it into the webpage. The internet explorer page remains blank. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. She can close outlook then open it back up and poof it works. Tries it again and it doesn't. Any Ideas?

Problem #2, I have another user, same configuration, Outlook 2007 running Office 2003. She creates a new email, then when she tries to edit any part of her signature it gives her the following message "Outlook has encountered a problem. You will not be able to undo this action once it is completed. Do you want to continue?" Yes or No
    If she chooses No, then it closes her outlook and gives her the "Outlook encountered and error and needs to close" with the "restart outlook" checkbox.
    If she chooses yes, it works fine, #1 whats the cause of the first message, and #2 why does it close her out when she clicks no?

Thanks so much in advance for your help,

DC

Re: Outlook 2007 Copy/Paste & Errors Editing Pre-defined Signature

What Service Pack (if any) are you running on Outlook 2007 and which one on Office 2003?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Word is SP3
      I don't have any SP for Outlook 2007 yet. Outlook version is 12.0.6300.5000 it says MSO 12.0.6017.5000, however MSO isn't installed.

Comment

Oops, soory, it's been a while since I checked this discussion. Try updating Outlook 2007 to SP1 and see how that goes. SP1 did fix some odd things and this just may be one of them.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah I found the SP and did the upgrade, still no go. I also tried XP SP3 just for giggles. Still got the same thing. Any other ideas?!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelinman85 View Post
            Yeah I found the SP and did the upgrade, still no go. I also tried XP SP3 just for giggles. Still got the same thing. Any other ideas?!
            What version of Exchange server are you using?

Daniel

Comment

We are using a hosted exchange server hosted by AppRiver. I believe they are running Exchange 2003, don't know what SP.

What would this issue have anything to do with exchange anyways? Its definitely a local machine issue, not an exchange server communication issue. I don't think it queries the exchange server when you try to copy an item to your clipboard.

I'm not trying to sound too much like an a$$ here, but I just didn't feel that it was relevant. I am open minded to any and every solution and willing to try anything at this point. If you have an idea or might have a clue, let me know.

Thanks so much for your assistance, I'm looking forward to scratching this issue off my list. (A few of our users will be thankful too!)

Comment

Yes there are Issues with mix Outlook (2007) and Office (2003)...

that being said you can try

1) the Office Compatability Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

2)Turn on HTML and Outlook as the default editor (Make sure users are up to IE7 patched at the very least)

Deploy 2007 Office you can Default the Save to 2003 File format

Comment

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue and I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 with Office 2003, WinXP SP3. I have tried the compatibility pack and all updates are complete...still encountering the problem, ugh!

Any more suggestions?

Comment

I had the same issue and had suspected that it was due to the Signatures from Outlook 2003 being maintained through the upgrade to 2007. I deleted my signatures and re-created them directly in Outlook 2007 and the problem went away.

Comment

Hi Guys,

for problem #2, my solution is re-creat user signature in outlook 2007, and problem gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X