Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2k7 New Mail Font Issue

Hello,

I have come across and issue with Office 2k7 and Outlook New Mail Messages Fonts.

I browse to Tools >Options > Mail Format > Signatures and Stationery > New mail messages Font. At this page I set the default font settings/formating and then Select OK > OK. I then proceed to create a New Mail Message and my formatting appears as it should and all is good .

The issue then arrives when I close Outlook completely and then Open it again and Compose a New Message. The text is back to the Default MS Settings . When you browse back to the Signatures and Stationery section, my font settings are still there and after selecting OK > OK. My Default Fonts work until Outlook is closed again... (Vicious L00p)

I have 'ed with no luck unless I am searching for the wrong thing...

Has anyone else seen this or know of a way to fix this?

It does it on a Clean Vista Setup with Clean Office 2k7 Install With All Patches.
    It also does it on an XP Machine which had the Upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.
    Hope this helps.

Nate

My advice is provided AS IS, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Follow at your own risk.

Re: Outlook 2k7 New Mail Font Issue

Can't help with Vista, but do you have Administrator privileges on the XP machine? I run my personal XP machine as an Domain Admin (I know, naughty) and haven't had problems with the font issue. Even then it was a bit of a pain to change and it took a machine reboot to get the font change to stick. It was also an Office 2007 (Enterprise?) upgrade over the top of Office 2003 Pro.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the reply Biggles,

On the Vista Machine, I am a Domain Admin and I am running the Enterprise version of Office and have the issue.

As for the XP Machine, the user is setup to have Admin Rights to the machine. Their machine is an upgrade from 2k3 Pro to 2k7 Pro.

I never thought of trying a reboot after the changes were made. I will give that a try when I get back to work on Monday and see what happens.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Hope this helps.

Nate

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Even then it was a bit of a pain to change and it took a machine reboot to get the font change to stick.
        Well a reboot didn't help the on my Vista Install The user with the issue on XP is out for the day so I have to wait till Tuesday to test on theirs. (Don't really want to mess with other users when they aren't requesting it...)

As for Biggles above Quote, were the steps the same as the ones below or is there a different route to take while attempting to change the Default Font?
        Originally posted by nateh View Post
        I browse to Tools >Options > Mail Format > Signatures and Stationery > New mail messages Font. At this page I set the default font settings/formating and then Select OK > OK.
        Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hope this helps.

Nate

Comment

Well I just tried a reboot on the XP Machine and had no luck

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Hope this helps.

Nate

Comment

Yep, the steps were the same. Is the "Default" button in the bottom left corner greyed out on your "new font page"? I need to do a clean install and see if that option is then available though it didn't make a difference to me since I was able to change the font.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah the "Default" Button is grayed out on both the XP Machine with the Upgrade and on the Clean install on Vista I'm thinking since we have only 1 user requesting this so far I will ask them to just change the font to BOLD when they compose the email.

I am pretty much out of ideas on this one. Did the MS updates for Vista and Office and still no luck.

Thanks for your help. I will post any new information if I come across another solution or if the issue magically fixes itself like windows sometime tends to do.

Thanks again,

Nate
              Hope this helps.

Nate

Comment

Working...
              X