Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 certificate problem

Hi all!

I have a problem with exchange 2007 and outlook client 2007.
    Situation is like this:

1.) I`ve set up exchange 2007 with MY own certificate, which matches INTERNET FQDN
    2.) Now I can use Outlook anywhere without any problem
    3.) When I switched certs, I get the following error in Outlook 2007 (see the attached picture)

"vm-exchange.SISPLET.local" is internal FQDN and certficate has "FQDN.domain.net" used as a name...

External (over HTTPS) works fine, internal VIA LAN works fine, its just that warning about cert want to remove somehow...
    I tried installing certificate, adding it to trusted publishers in Outlook, nothing works...

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Re: Outlook 2007 certificate problem

Noone knows how to disable this?

Comment

I'm not sure if its the same problem, but I encountered the same message before on Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2007:

Commercial Certificate for mail.xxxx.com
      Outlook RPC-HTTP working from outside with no messages
      Inside (FQDN is mail.xxxx.local) got the certificate error

Solution: added DNS Zone for xxxx.com on local DNS server and A-record for mail.xxxx.com pointing to IP of mail.xxxx.local

Of course, you could always just OK the message each time....

Hope this helps a bit

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yeah u had same situation...

From outside works well, without any notifications...

I will do that, that is 100% solution and I think the only one at the moment...

Thanks!

Comment

One option might be to disable that by unchecking SSL. Or there are other options
          Open your Outlook 2007 client and go to Tools>Account Settings>Change>More Settings>Connections>Exchange Proxy Settings and see if that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFast1 View Post
            One option might be to disable that by unchecking SSL.
            Given the OP is using outlook over the internet as well as locally, this is definitely NOT a good idea! Could be done with two profiles, one for internal and one for external.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was at a client last week and resolved the same issue you are inquiring about. I have since then created a blog entry on my site that teaches you how to fix this.
              http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/10/ou...ificate-error/

There is another blog entry I have created that discusses the Autodiscover service and how to configure it properly which will also help you understand the article I have linked above.
              http://www.shudnow.net/2007/07/15/pu...r-in-isa-2006/

Hope this helps and good luck resolving your issue!

Comment

Working...
              X