Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is so special in office 2007 ?

hi guys
    i have office 2003 and it is cool by me .
    i just wondered what is so special in office 2007
    and if it will work on my computer . (2.4 ghz , 512 ddr)
    thanks

Re: what is so special in office 2007 ?

Get Started with the 2007 Microsoft Office System

What's new in the 2007 release

The Microsoft Office Fluent user interface demo

Note: This demo requires Macromedia Flash Player 7.0 or later.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The Microsoft infomercials are wonderful. If you're like 80% of Office users, you'd probably be just as happy w/ Office 4.6, 97, 2000, or XP. 2003's biggest advantage was its integration w/ its version of SharePoint and MSN IM. I'm guessing the same kinds of "incremental" leaps are really the value proposition for 2007. Realize at some (this?) point, Microsoft Works will be sufficient for most users.

BTW, I watched 2 minutes of "The Microsoft Office Fluent user interface demo" (skipping ahead) and I was not impressed.
      Last edited by rvalstar; 2nd July 2007, 21:04. Reason: BTW.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Rick you're biassed... you would prefer a text-based (probably orange?) screen and two eight-inch floppy disk drives connected via a terminal emulator and a 300 baud link to a mainframe.

I write documents and I LOVE Office 2007 - I use Styles, and a lot of the other formatting features. I like the way Macros are disabled except for on trusted document sources. I like the way the menus (if such they are still called) are arranged. (It takes some getting used to but it's cool once you have).

2003 is good - but 2007 is stellar. IMHO.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          Rick you're biassed... you would prefer a text-based (probably orange?) screen and two eight-inch floppy disk drives connected via a terminal emulator and a 300 baud link to a mainframe.
          Those were the days. Color? Who needs color? Hercules Monochrome at that "higher-than-PC' resolution. And a mouse? Just slowed you down. Lotus 123 and keystroke menus -- who could ask for anything more? Add DBase III (or Paradox) and DisplayWrite (or WordPerfect) and you had the first and "best" office suite

Oh and 9600 baud was the bomb. Broadband in its day.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I will recall you to monochrome screens whose one colour was orange... they were used on plenty of olde worlde mainframe terminals.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Lotr3, I hope that answered your question (before it went way ).

Incidently, I used to have a green fonted screen, but a later upgrade was orange. DBase III+, I could actually do some programming in that. Fantastic app as too was WP 5.1, eh Tom K. Lotus 123 ver 2.2 was my favourite.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                I will recall you to monochrome screens whose one colour was orange... they were used on plenty of olde worlde mainframe terminals.
                Most of my mainframe time was in white, green or color. "Amber" is the color you recall. Standard issue in the Hecules days. Crisp graphics. Pie charts were easy to read with dithered patterns for each wedge.
                Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  Lotr3, I hope that answered your question (before it went way ).

Incidently, I used to have a green fonted screen, but a later upgrade was orange. DBase III+, I could actually do some programming in that. Fantastic app as too was WP 5.1, eh Tom K. Lotus 123 ver 2.2 was my favourite.
                  I did some programming in DBase III and IV - on a laptop with a SERIOUSLY persistent LCD dark-grey-on-grey display... it's actually the slowest display I've ever used, and if you could read the top left you had to move it to read the bottom right because the viewing angle was so tight!

Nightmare LOL.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X