Excel 2007 - 'Document not saved'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel 2007 - 'Document not saved'

I have Office 2007 installed on Vista Business. Excel will not save across the network. I get "Document not saved' errors and file in use errors.

It seems to be a common problem with this combination no immediate solution. I can browse the server so I never lost the connection.

Does not happen with Word docs, only Excel. Has anyone else run into this yet?

TIA
    Last edited by RobW; 19th February 2007, 16:09.
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Excel 2007 - 'Document not saved'

I take it Office 2007 from an XP machine (same everything else) = no probs?

Just for kicks, add the server to your Vista PC's IE Trusted Sites and lower "Trusted Sites" security to "Low". You don't need to put \\server or \\server\share, just plain old server will do (Uncheck the "Require..." box)
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried you suggestion and just sat back waiting to see what happens. Unfortunately I still get the error.

Thanks

Comment

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Does "Save As" a new file name on that network share work?
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Yes it works that way

Comment

Not an AV issue and no one else has a lock on that file?

You try to open and save the "copy" and you get the same locking issue?

I don't have Vista nor Office 2007 running yet so I'm out of ideas.
            Cheers,

Rick

Comment

It's on the network in my office and no one alse uses this share on the server. The two files in question are my daily log sheets i.e where was I, what did I do, how long and how much.

I am always opening and closing the two spreadsheets. I never had the problem with XP and Office 2003. When I Google the problem, it seems I am not the only one and it does not seem to be related to Vista, only Excel 2007 and network shares.

For now I will probably move the files locally but this will end up being a thorn in my side if you know what I mean.

Comment

Here is an interesting development. I mentioned that I had two Excel spreadsheets, both of them reside on my SBS server and shortcuts are placed on my desktop.

Both files gave me the same error, Document Not Saved. I moved one file local to my desktop and now the other file residing on the server has not thrown this error all day.

Comment

Working...
                X