Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook2007 RTM and RPCoverHTTP

Dear all,

I have just installed Vista RTM and Office2007 RTM.
    I'm not able to have the RPC over HTTP work.
    Take care that I also have a Virtual XP SP2 Machine with Outlook2003 SP2 and it works really fine versus the same Exchange2003 server.

The rpcping utility works fine following the KB831051, rev 2.1.

Any further idea on how to debug this issue ?

Simone
    MCP (Exchange2003)
    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
    MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Re: Outlook2007 RTM and RPCoverHTTP

When did Office 2007 go Gold? I thought it was still in Beta stage and hadn't been through the RC cycle yet.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have it on my MSDN subscription. See picture attached please

Simone
      MCP (Exchange2003)
      Attached Files
      Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
      MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Comment

Damn, didn't realise it bypassed the Release Candidate version and went straight from Beta to Gold.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Did you perform any test using the latest BETA you have and RCPoverHTTP ?

Simone
          Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
          MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Damn, didn't realise it bypassed the Release Candidate version and went straight from Beta to Gold.
            I've been using RTM and I hate every damn second of it. Especially after I wrote a 6 page document, saved it, then tried to open it and I got a nasty error that the document could not be opened. I had to send it as an email attachment to a friend that had Office 2003, ask him to save it in a different file name, and send it back to me, only then it opened.

As for the original question - What about the SSL certificate? Is it from a trusted 3rd-party CA?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
              As for the original question - What about the SSL certificate? Is it from a trusted 3rd-party CA?
              No it's a self generated certificate from an internal W2K3 certification autorithy.
              It is loaded correctly and the whole chain works fine ( in IE7 I can access https://webmail.mycompany.com ) but Outlook2007 doesn't even try to connect.

I will verify if some kind of tcpip activity is present using wireshark.

Simone
              Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
              MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Some interesting thinks are coming up from a WireShark capture session.
                I can see that the beginning of the SSL transaction isworking fine:

No Time Source Destination Prot Info
                2265 247.562414 10.x.x.x 88.y.y.y SSL Client Hello
                2266 247.686750 88.y.y.y 10.x.x.x TLSv1 Server Hello, Certificate, Server Hello Done

and just after

2275 247.780125 88.y.y.y 10.x.x.x TLSv1 Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message

Anyone with an idea on what is blocking the SSL tunnelling ?

Simone
                Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Dear all,

I have decoded the SSL stuff using Wireshark and I found that it's an auth error the problem:

<h1>You are not authorized to view this page</h1>

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

<h2>HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.<br>Internet Information Services (IIS)</h2>

The different behavious between Outlook2003 and Outlook2007 is that the first one ask for my AD domain credential instead the second one silently fails in a infinite loop.
                  Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                  MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Fixed!

After a call to MS support and giving them full description of the issue they point me out to this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913843/en-us.
                    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                    MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Well done and thanks for posting back your fix.

Comment

Originally posted by chemelli View Post
                        Fixed!

After a call to MS support and giving them full description of the issue they point me out to this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913843/en-us.
                        Did you enter in a default gateway, or did you do the registry hacks?
                        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I modified the suggested registry key
                          Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                          MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

I just wonder, why not add a default gateway? Are you using a proxy instead?
                            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Daniel,
                              something wrong on that side from the MS article.
                              I have a dynamic ip acquired from my DHCP server that is also my ADSL router.
                              So my machine have the default gateway configured, otherwise it will not browse internet

There is something only related with Outlook RPC over HTTP that is not working as it should ( I verified this "opening" the SSL session between my pc connected to the internet and the SSL port of my publisched Exchange2003 server): infact I receive the auth error shown some posts ago.

Using Outlook2003 SP2 I get an auth error, but immediately after I also get a credential prompt and then the mail is smoothly synchronized.

Using Outlook2007 I have no credential prompt at all and an auth error repeated every 20 secs in a infinite loop.

After the modification of the suggested registry key I can synchronize my email from internet versus my Exchange2003 server without any auth error ( still looking to the SSL stream ) and without any credential prompt.
                              Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                              MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Working...
                              X