IE certifcation errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE certifcation errors

I am getting certification errors on IE 11 with a new Toshiba Laptop with Win 8.1 visiting just http://www.google.com/ and http://www.youtube.com/ But I do not get such on a PC using Win 7. Also the problem does not occur using Firefox.

Of course the Toshiba laptop has all sorts of strange Toshiba software installed. I am using AVG on both.

Any suggestions please

Re: IE certifcation errors

Can you post us a screenshot?

First thought is something dodgy on the computer (and I don't mean windows 8 ) so scan with AVG and MalwareBytes
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Also, If you click to view the certificate, what does it say? And on the certification path, where does it chain up to?

Comment

I do not know what you mean by Certification path. A copy of the Google attempt is at http://www.sigord.co.uk//Temp/CertError.jpg.

I did install Malwarebytes and ran scan for it and AVG with not bad results.

The problem only shows on a New Toshiba Laptop using IE 11 and not on two PCs using IE or using Firefox on the Toshiba.

I have now found if I disable AVG for a few minutes the problem does not show, so I will contact AVG.

Comment

Gordon, on the screenshot you posted, click "Continue to this site"
          In the address bar, click "Certificate Error" and then "View Certificate" to get to the path.
          Send screenshots
          (Do this with your AV on!)
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by GordonSweet View Post
            ..But I do not get such on a PC using Win 7...
            Time / Date / Timezone set correctly?

Originally posted by GordonSweet View Post
            ...Also the problem does not occur using Firefox...
            interesting.. Firefox uses it's own certificate store, while IE and Chrome use the Windows certificate store. Does the problem show up when using Chrome?

Comment

Yes i checked my date is correct.

If you are asking what happens when I click on Certification Error Navigation in the top toolbar, the answer is nothing happens being a dead link.

My pal an experienced webmaster etc such as for our club, hopes to collect the laptop tomorrow to sort it out along with a number of other Toshiba problems. I will report back here.

Comment

Working...
              X