Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 82579 LM Packet Lost Issue

Dear Concern,

I am facing packet lost issue with Intel 82579 LM network adapter.

Basically I have two system with same Intel 82579 LM adapter and both are working fine separately, but one I plug there network cables in switch, its start dropping the packets when I ping a system from other system,

I have also try with cross cable but unable to resolve the issue. On network only one system works fine, and when I stop working on it the other one starts work.

I have Google the problem and try many steps in registry and in advance setting of Lan adapters but no success.

I have an updated driver and my Windows platform is Windows 7 32-Bit.

Waiting for your prompt replies.

Perwani.

Re: Intel 82579 LM Packet Lost Issue

Check the MAC addresses of the NICs. It is not unknown of to have identical MACs on different devices.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Will you please extend your support regarding checking MAC addresses of NIC's. and how much MAC addresses will be useful to resolving that issue?

I would like to add one more thing that my company buy more then 20 P2C POS system and all are facing the same issue.

Comment

You can check the MAC address by running IPCONFIG/ALL from an elevated command prompt.
        It will be the line that looks like:

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-5F-F4-36-10-4B

The address is 12 hexadecimal characters split into 6 pairs
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Dear

I have checked MAC addresses in all computers using ipconfig\all command and came to know that all 20 computers have same mac addresses.

What is it mean and what is solution?

As i have checked MAC addresses in my Dell machines which have realtek network adapter, are different.

please suggest me solution at your earliest....

Comment

Are the computers physical or virtual. Physical Ethernet cards are supposed to have globally unique MAC addresses to prevent this. Virtual machines can normally have the MAC address set (or randomly assigned) by the hypervisor.

To change the MAC addresses from the Windows 7 OS, review the various links

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wi...ICg&gws_rd=ssl

I would also complain to the vendor if the machines are under warranty!
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dear Ossian & biggles77

Thanks so much for your support, My issue is now resolved. I have google about changing MAC addresses of Network adapters and found different method to change the MAC address.

I edit through registry as network card was not supportive to change its address in its configurations.

Then I found a tool (TMac) which successfully change network card Mac Address.

now all my systems are working fine on network.

Ance again I am thankful to you to give me an idea about MAC address.

Comment

Working...
              X