Yahoo Mail Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Mail Help

Can anyone solve the mystery of how to contact Yahoo for help with their email addresses. We are all very grateful for the free email addresses they kindly allow us, but I would like to reopen an old email address I closed some time ago, because it is needed to persuade a site to send me a new password for their site.

I tried to open a new Yahoo Account using the same email address, but without success like explaining why it refuses to allow it. Perhaps because Yahoo do not allow the same address to be used again, though I do have a record of various security questions along with details of an alternative email address that was requested.

Re: Yahoo Mail Help

Is this an email address you have not used for a while, or did you remove it?

This page should help you either way:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-acco...e-sln3057.html
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Yes I deleted the account sometime ago because unlike my 2000 year account Yahoo suddenly decided to charge for forwarding new accounts onto another address.

Comment

I would contact the site admin and tell them your mail account no longer exists. But, I expect they'll probably ask you to create a new account.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Since webmasters must take the responsibility for their own shortcomings I see no reason why you should not know the site involved is http://www.clubbz.com/

Twice I have tried to contact them to explain the situation but no reply. However anyone with any sense failing to contact me with mail being returned from the old address should have the sense to visit the club site still shown, with all the latest details.

So it is not a serious problem, except we will probably never be able to access Clubbz to update our details. It seems a case of another site relying too much an IT solving all its problems.
          Last edited by GordonSweet; 12th November 2014, 08:35.

Comment

You start your last post off atacking the webmaster ('own shortcomings') but I don't really think that's far.

Consider this situation.
            I'm sitting here, in front of my computer. I decide I want to impersonate you.
            I contact the site administrator, and say "oh, hi, I'm gordon. I want to update my details but I don't have the old email address any more and don't remember my password. would you be so kind as to give me the password, or update the email address?"

Webmaster goes "oh sure, here" and gives me your password.

I merrily log in and take all your stuff.

Is that a preferable situation?

What i'm trying to say here is - by the webmaster not updating your details (when he has no way to verify who you are) he's doing you a favour
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I agree except if the webmaster/s took the rouble to visit the first site below shown on his site linked to the important RSGB with a link to the second site below, he should ask why would we go to all the trouble to create all the latest details such as my latest address again just to cause mischief?

http://www.radioclubs.net/herc/

http://herc-hastings.org.uk/

Comment

They have their rules that they have to follow Gordon. If they don't follow them then I would imagine some ambulance chaser would be able to sue them for a couple of squillion $$$.

Were you actually able to delete the Yahoo account? I don't know how as I haven't looked and have never bothered. I had an account I stopped using but then needed to use it several years later to get a new password for a site that I had forgotten the password for (passwords are now securely stored on a Postit note sellotaped to the side of the monitor so that doesn't happen again).

Anyway, I did remember the alternate email address that was entered for the for the old email so I filled out the forgotten password page and was able to open the old email account.

If you can remember the alternate email that was entered for the Yahoo account you deleted, then you may be able to go through the forgotten password steps and activate your Yahoo account. It's worth a try.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We (IT Professionals that is) do love to preach about security, almost as much as we love to criticise it when it gets in our way.

Yahoo!'s CEO is a prime example of this as she is too busy to lock her smartphone.
                  BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                  sigpic
                  Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks folks. Yes I deleted [email protected] some years ago when Yahoo suddenly decided to charge for forwarding mail onto another address for fairly new accounts. I did not want to have to keep logging into another Yahoo account to see if once or twice a year someone sent us an email. But above is the address Clubbz need to log in or request a new Password.

I have sent an email to [email protected] about an hour ago, but no undelivered notification has arrived. Why not try yourself?

Comment

Have you tried to get a new password for that account Gordon?
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yep if you mean the Clubbz site they sent an email to [email protected] so I will never see it being closed. Likewise Yahoo no longer respond to
                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X