FTP File uploading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP File uploading

As a amateur programmer for many years relying a lot on help form experts I have several working programs capable of uploading single files to any site where allowed by passwords. But I may not be able to stay logged in to upload several files without logging off and closing the uploading program

Are servers likely to object to anyone repeatedly logging on and off to upload each file, if I use a main program to execute the uploading program. The uploading program will then close after each file is uploaded.

Re: FTP File uploading

Very unlikely they will fuss abut it - most would probably prefer numerous short connections to one long one, but ultimately it is up to the individual FTP server
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: FTP File uploading

Thanks I can insert a delay of any period though it would of course delay the overall uploading.

Comment

Working...
      X