Need help for Fiber GLC-LH-SM connection between Cisco 3750

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for Fiber GLC-LH-SM connection between Cisco 3750

Please help me. I want to connect my two Cisco 3750 switch by gbic GLC-LH-SM.Unfortunately, when i trying to connect,it's not uplink.

More information about two switch below:
    Gi1/0/51 notconnect 1 auto auto 1000BaseLX SFP

switch 2 show interface status
    Gi2/0/51 notconnect 1 auto auto 1000BaseLX SFP

I have no idea to deal with it,any ideas ?

Re: Need help for Fiber GLC-LH-SM connection between Cisco 3750

Have you try physically connect the Fiber cable between the 2 switches?
    once you connected. You should see the link lights on the port.

You can also logon to the switches and confirm that the port is not shutdown. If they are, then you need to issue the "No shutdown" command on the individual port itself.

HN.

Comment

Re: Need help for Fiber GLC-LH-SM connection between Cisco 3750

Once you've verified the ports are not disabled, look at the fiber patch lead itself. The connection that plugs into the LEFT side of the SFP module on one switch has to go into the RIGHT side at the other end. That links the Transmit side of one module to the Receive side of the other one.

The LC-style connectors can be reversed if needed. It's a bit stiff, but it can be done. If the clip holding the 2 fibers together breaks, the fibers can be inserted into the SFP on their own, which makes it easy to swap left & right at one end as a troubleshooting step.

If you lay a patch lead flat on the table in front of you with the clips at each end the same way up, you should be able to follow a single fiber of the pair all the way across without going over top of or under the other fiber. If your fiber does cross, you've got a crossover patch. These are sometimes necessary due to crossed fibers in between fiber patch panels between racks. As I said earlier, the ends can be swapped left for right, but handle them carefully.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X