Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellinet WIRELESS N 3G router

Hi All,

We have just bought an Intellinet WIRELESS N 3G ROUTER (MODELS 524681 & 524940) because DSL cable connection will not be available for some days in our offices.

Our network configuration is explained here and summarized in the quote below.
    1. Why when we connect the brand new 3G router to A/C power and DSL modem we are unable to access the admin panel? Can the address range below affect this?
    2. Is it necessary to change 3G router settings (like disabling DHCP) as we did on the DSL modem?
    Thanks,

Alberto

OK, first things first
    Change the servers network card to:
    static IP 192.168.1.254
    Mask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1 (same as router IP)
    DNS 192.168.1.254

Second
    Go into DNS on the server and set forwarders to your ISPs DNS servers (look them up on their site)
    Confirm the DC can get on the internet!!!!

Third (out of hours)
    Turn off DHCP on the router
    Turn on DHCP on the server and create a new IPv4 scope:
    Address range 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.100 (should be more than enough)
    Mask 255.255.255.0
    No exclusions
    default lease duration
    Configure options:
    Router 192.168.1.1
    Domain Name / DNS Servers 192.168.1.254
    Skip WINS servers
    Activate Scope

On a client:
    Do a network repair (or IPCONFIG/RELEASE and IPCONFIG/RENEW)
    Do an IPCONFIG/ALL and confirm the DHCP server is listed as 192.168.1.254 and that the client can access the internet OK

Re: Intellinet WIRELESS N 3G router

Does the router come with a CD or any media to do an initial configuration?
    Have you had access to it at all?
    If not, network a laptop or other client (configured for DHCP) and let it pick up an IP from the router, then try the control panel.
    If yes, do a hard reset on the router (there should be a "reset to factory default" button somewhere) and try the laptop route

THe rest of your plan looks fine to me

Moving this thread to general networking for a better response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian,

Yes, it's has it's own CD but I don't wanted to install anything on the server considering that's a temporary solution.

If I manage to see the admin control panel for 3G router from one of our laptops, what settings should I change? Simply disable DHCP as I did in the DSL router? Or maybe once I can surf from the laptop, I can connect it to the company DSL router and everything will magically work on 3G?

Basically I am simply trying to surf the internet without the DSL cable.

Thanks a million,

Alberto

Comment

The settings would be a static IP if you need to (note it is much easier to configure one router than reconfigure a whole LAN -- just give it the IP of your existing router) and, as you say, disable DHCP

The router CD may not install anything, just run an app to hunt down the device, but run it from a client workstation if you can
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

No setups on the CD, only PDF manuals. I was able to login to admin control panel but I am unable to connect a single laptop using only this 3G router, an internet key and an Ethernet patch...

Comment

Was able to surf from the laptop... But when I set the 3G router to 192.168.1.1, disable DHCP on 3G router and connect to one of the Ethernet ports of DSL router (with Telecom cable disconnected) it does not work.

What else should I check Ossian?

Thanks,

Alberto

Comment

If you have disabled DHCP you will need to set a static IP on the laptop to be able to reach the router again - otherwise how will it get an IP address?

Or connect the router to a switch on your lan and follow your server DHCP plan
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

For every test I reset the 3G router and start over.

I was trying to combine DSL router and 3G router but I will try first to replace DSL with 3G because simply setting DHCP off and the correct IP number does not work.

What cable should I put in the 3G router WAN port? I connected one of the 4 DSL router ethernet ports with no luck...

Thanks,

Alberto

Comment

I am getting well confused by now.

I suggest you:
                  1) Put the 3G Router on the same subnet as the server and disable router DHCP
                  2) Use a normal patch cable to plug it into the same switch as the server
                  3) Check the server can reach the admin console
                  4) Plug in your 3G dongle and configure it (RTFM)
                  5) Check the 3G router can reach the internet (using the admin console which should have some diagnostics
                  6) Change the Default Gateway on the server to point to the 3G router
                  7) Check the server can reach the internet
                  8 ) Reconfigure server DHCP to give the new Default Gateway
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Thanks Ossian,

Replacing the DSL router with the 3G one was easy. Trying to use both, much harder. I will simply switch device when necessary.

Thanks again for your precious help.

Alberto

Comment

One last question Ossian,

Is there any reason why I cannot connect using FileZilla FTPS to our remote server anymore using the 3G router? Internet surfing and RDC is working fine as with the DSL router.

Thanks,

Alberto

Comment

Have you setup the appropriate Port Forwarding on the 3G router?
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for your reply biggles77.

Found this on the 3g router documentation. Are you talking about it?

3-2-2 Port Forwarding

This function allows you to redirect a single port or consecutive ports of an Internet IP address to the same port of the IP address on a local network. The port number(s) of the Internet IP address and private IP address (the IP address on the local network) must be the same.

Comment

I think he is asking about normal port forwarding:

PublicIP: port ==>InternalIP: port
                            Last edited by Ossian; 19th July 2013, 09:07.
                            Tom Jones
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

Comment

I am unsure to what you are referring to in this User Manual

http://www.manhattanshop.it/download...le_english.pdf

Thanks,

Alberto

Comment

Working...
                              X