Bluetooth with a Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth with a Mobile

When I succeed in making a connection between my cheap mobile and my PC with Windows 7, should I be able to see the 4 Gb card on My Computer similar to when we plug in a Flash drive to the USB. I use a Bluetooth plugged into a USB port and activate Bluetooth on the mobile as ON.

If I try to send files to the Mobile it asks me for a password, but being the only person using this PC I do not use any passwords. Even if I did I doubt the Mobile would wait long enough to send a text like message.

Re: Bluetooth with a Mobile

I wouldn't expect to see the SD card the way you do if the phone is plugged in via USB. Mobile bluetooth security has tightened considerably over the years, to the point many phones don't even support bluetooth file transfers any more.

PIN codes are normal for bluetooth pairing, I have a headset for my phone and a keyboard for my Nexus 7 tablet, both of which require a PIN to pair.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

OK But why does a message appear on the mobile asking me to enter a password quoting the name allocated to this PC, when I do not use any CMOS or USER passwords? The fact that I see a message presumably means the Bluetooth connection between Mobile and PC is established.

Am I supposed to enter a short USER ADMIN password just please the Bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by GordonSweet View Post
        OK But why does a message appear on the mobile asking me to enter a password quoting the name allocated to this PC, when I do not use any CMOS or USER passwords? The fact that I see a message presumably means the Bluetooth connection between Mobile and PC is established.

Am I supposed to enter a short USER ADMIN password just please the Bluetooth?
        It'll be asking for a pin code. Typically this is a code that you type on one device and then use that on the other device to pair with.

Most use either 1234 or 0000

Comment

Thanks I will try the PIN numbers

Comment

Working...
          X