No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sFlow

This may sound like a silly question, but one I cannot find the answer to.

If the Core switches support sFlow and the Edge switches do not, traffic routed through the core from the edge... Would this show up in the sFlow charts with the destination and source IP/Hostname even though its from another none sFlow switch? I know its trunk will show as source under interface type, but what about accountability?

I am hoping to implement sFlow on the core switches, and some edge switches for the servers, however don't want to replace the edge switches for the client machines and still want to be able to know sFlow data for these clients when accessing the Internet.

I understand traffic from one edge switch without sFlow to another edge switch without sFlow won't show up.

Re: sFlow

If the traffic is hitting a sensor on a compatible device then it would show up on your collector. Remember the source and destination ip remains the same (except when going through a nat device). The only thing that would change going over a layer 3 device would be the mac addresses source and destination.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)