Network setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network setup

I have a small network running server 2008r2 and all windows 7 workstations. I have a cisco-linksys 4200 wireless router and two managed switches running. I currently have my wireless isolated from the network devices and only allow internet access.

Because of all the added wireless devices on the system I want to push my personal laptop users to a wired port and only have phones and tablets on the wireless. I also want to let the laptop users have access to a specific folder on the server and a selected network printer.

Any direction or suggestions on this setup would be appreciated.

Re: Network setup

If your machines bios supports it then enabling 'LAN\WLAN Switching" should resolve the WiFi , Otherwise you're looking at a third party product.

For the folder on the server , share the folder (with appropriate permissions) and then either use GP or logon script to map the drive

Printer can be done in a similar manner

Comment

Thank you for the reply. The problem is they are personally owned laptops and not part of the organizations. This makes me limited to what I can do to them.

Comment

make it a part of your BYOD policy.
        You do have a BYOD policy if you're allowing staff to bring their own devices, right ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X