Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SonicWALL Guest Wireless / Virtual Access Point / Second SSID without a SonicPoint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonicWALL Guest Wireless / Virtual Access Point / Second SSID without a SonicPoint?

I inherited SonicWALL TZ 215 wireless-N duties. It is configured to allow users access to the network via wireless. I followed a great tutorial on setting up a VAP with a unique SSID, VLANed, etc. To my disappointment, at the end, it talked about deploying the settings to a SonicPoint.

So, my question is: Without buying a SonicPoint, is there a cost effective way to allow guests wireless access?

Re: SonicWALL Guest Wireless / Virtual Access Point / Second SSID without a SonicPoin

Originally posted by ArizonaAdmin73 View Post
    I inherited SonicWALL TZ 215 wireless-N duties. It is configured to allow users access to the network via wireless. I followed a great tutorial on setting up a VAP with a unique SSID, VLANed, etc. To my disappointment, at the end, it talked about deploying the settings to a SonicPoint.

So, my question is: Without buying a SonicPoint, is there a cost effective way to allow guests wireless access?
    Yes there is.

http://www.fuzeqna.com/sonicwallkb/c....asp?kbid=5798

We have a setup with our corporate network and guest network running through all of our SonicPoints.

Your TZ215 is effectively using a SonicPoint in its design. I have no personal use of a TZ215 but will endeavour to help.

Comment

Working...
    X