Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small business network

Dear All,
    i have a questions hopefully someone can help or atleast gives advice!
    i have one Server running ESXI 5.1
    * Exchange
    * Domain controller
    * File server
    * Centos Server
    i have two computers and 1 laptop home which are sharing my small business network some of them are on the domain and others are not,
    i have ISP router with build in firewall,
    i want to use Centos as a firewall to controlls all my internet connection in home and small business, the idea was to use it as Gaterway in my computer machines,

can you advise what is the proper way to do this?
    my ISP router has the next info
    IP Gateway : 192.168.178.1
    Subnet 255.255.255.0 ( Class C)

thank you so much

Re: Small business network

Given the level of questions you are asking, and the range of issues they are covering, I strongly suggest you invest in some proper training, either in a classroom or using books and multimedia (e.g. www.trainsignal.com).

In this case, I would expect you to put the firewall (with two network cards) between the router and your internal network:

ROUTER<>FIREWALL<>INTERNAL SWITCH<>All Other Computers
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Small business network

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Given the level of questions you are asking, and the range of issues they are covering, I strongly suggest you invest in some proper training, either in a classroom or using books and multimedia (e.g. www.trainsignal.com).

In this case, I would expect you to put the firewall (with two network cards) between the router and your internal network:

ROUTER<>FIREWALL<>INTERNAL SWITCH<>All Other Computers
      Thank you Ossian,
      managed to have this fixed
      Cheers!
      Last edited by cyberbot; 25th February 2013, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
      X