• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to connect two sites

Need to connect two sites

Hi all

Please refer to http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2425/topology.jpg

As you can see I configured SITE A and can easily access SITE B over an ADSL connection. The teleworker at SITE B is situated in a different geographical location and is obtaining the IP from the router at SITE A.

My query is this: How can I configure SITE C to connect to SITE A and subsequently to SITE B without changing the IP schemas of both sites?. I know I should insert a router between the modem and the network switch in SITE C and setup NAT? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Need to connect two sites

Cheapest way would be a Remote Access VPN from the remotes to the headend (main site) Not sure what equipment you have to work with as far as features go. You could terminate the vpn on a firewall or hardware appliance at the main site. This would give the remote sites access to your main sites resources. This is all going to depend on what equipment you have to work with.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Do you have a firewall appliance in place??

Comment

Many thanks for your reply.

May I clarify a bit how the modems are working - they are bridged with eachother from the ISP side. Therefore there is no need to VPN from a site to another....its just as if being in the same location - ie normal routing suffices.

Comment

Put a router/firewall on site C. Setup NAT and make sure routing is correct on all sites.
          CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
          CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
          X