No announcement yet.

Network problem: computer does not reply.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network problem: computer does not reply.

Dear all I have a problem in my Computers network. We have more than hundered computers
    in our network. When I ping from my computer to other computers that are on the same switch. Does not
    show any problem. But when I ping to the computers that are on the switched which are not directly connected to the same
    switch but are on the other swtiches. Ping replys some times and some times it gives request timeout as shown in the
    following picture.

But As i copy something from that computers that are on the other switches continuous reply recieves without request timeout
    as shown below. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Note: There is no error when accessing computers with \\servername\sharename. Problem is with
    ping and reply.

Re: Network problem: computer does not reply.

I would consider dodgy cabling as a possible cause
    Try replacing patch cables at PC and switch end
    If that doesn't cure it, try a different cable run
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Network problem: computer does not reply.

Check your trunk links to the other switches. If your routing with your switches also check for routes coming in and being withdrawn from the routing table. Also look for a "flapping" interface in the transit path (An interface that comes up and down)
      Last edited by auglan; 10th January 2013, 12:20.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)