Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcatel voip migration from single nw to different vlans

Dear All,

currently we using alcatel voip solution in our network 192.168.8.0/21 single network

now we are planning implement VLAN in our network . kindly suggest me how can i migrate from 192.168.8.0/21 network to different vlan.

here is my queries :

1:how voip phones will work in different vlans .. because after implementation alcatel server will be in different nw and voip phones will be in different vlan .

im going to create vlans on L2 switch and create trunk port between l2 switch & fortigate firewall .

can i manage voice traffic on firewall on policy base ..

kindly help....

Re: Alcatel voip migration from single nw to different vlans

Dear all,

awaiting for your kind suggestion on same... kindly Help...........

Comment

So no-one replies in 12 hours -- at a weekend. Absolutely awful Quality of Service these days. You really ought to ask for a refund of your membership fee . Oh... hang on a minute...

Please be aware that members here give up their free time to help you at no cost, and they have real lives and jobs to attend to as well. To demand a same-day response to a fairly obscure question is unreasonable -- if you need that level of service, may I suggest you take out a contract with Alcatel (but of course that would involve the concept of payment )

I know sweet FA about Alcatel VOIP but other VOIP systems handle phones on a different subnet (e.g. in a branch office) by pre-defined routes on the PBX -- you could look for the same feature. It may also be possible to do something with your switches, but we don't know what they are.
      You could also check out the Alcatel support site http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/wps/portal/support

To get more help here, the model of the server and/or OS would help, as would possibly the make and model of your switches and Fortigate applicance.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Depending on your equipment (switches/routers) some switches let you create a "voice" vlan as well as a data vlan for a particular port. With cisco gear you do not have to manually create a trunk between the phone and switch as the IOS code does that for you when you assign a voice vlan to your port. (creates psudo trunk between the switchport and the phone)

On other vendors equipment it may require you to manually create a trunk port between your switchport and phone.

Then you would need to create your trunk between the switch and router/firewall. This would usually be done with sub-interfaces on the router/firewall and a dot1q trunk. It really depends on what gear you are using when trying to set this up. I would say to consult the documentation for your particular equipment.
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Thanks Dear..

Comment

Working...
          X