Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonicwall TZ150 transfer to TZ200

Hi everyone

I am pretty new to sonicwalls, and have a customer that wants me to change their current sonicwall TZ150 Wireless to a TZ200 Wireless.

What is the best way to transfer the setting from the 150 to the 200, or can I just export the settings of the 150 and import them in to the 200?

Thank you

Re: Sonicwall TZ150 transfer to TZ200

If you can export the settings that would be the way to go. Not sure if that could be done though as I am not familiar with these devices.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by jeedee View Post
      Hi everyone

I am pretty new to sonicwalls, and have a customer that wants me to change their current sonicwall TZ150 Wireless to a TZ200 Wireless.

What is the best way to transfer the setting from the 150 to the 200, or can I just export the settings of the 150 and import them in to the 200?

Thank you
      You can export the running config quite easily. But importing it back depends largely on the version of the OS. The TZ 150 is a very old model. The TZ 200 will be running a newer version of the OS. So if i were id ensure you have a detailed understanding of your firewall config (even if that means screenshots) as a re-import across different versions of the OS/Firmware isn't likely to work. Failing that as long as you have support you can raise a case in your MySonicwall portal with Dell/Sonicwall who can assist.

Comment

As has been mentioned you can Export the config from the settings page when you login to the SonicWALL.

First thing i would do however is updated the firmware to the latest available from SonicWALL, this can be found on your mysonicwall page.

What version of the OS are you coming from and going to??

Comment

Not sure what OS i am going to since I have not received the new 200 sonic wall

I am getting it tomorrow so I will try to post it

Thanks everyone for the help

Comment

Originally posted by jeedee View Post
            Not sure what OS i am going to since I have not received the new 200 sonic wall

I am getting it tomorrow so I will try to post it

Thanks everyone for the help
            Sonicwall IIRC now only do one version of the OS which is 'Enhanced OS'. Older models like the TZ 150 by default came with Std with an optional upgrade to Enhanced.
            If you go to the status page on yourTZ 150 you will see the model and firmware version which will also indicate the OS version.

Comment

Working...
            X