HP MSM710 Controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP MSM710 Controller

After a few months of faffing around with this we have this device working partially with an Internal and guest network, although no iOS device can access the guest network.

Ideally we would like to configure the guest network to use an external range provided by our ISP and to also allow iOS device access.

Beginning to get to the stage we will have to hire a UK consultant to help with this.

I've searched for guides on this but cannot seem to find the right scenario, using the Internet port on the device seems to break the whole thing.
    Last edited by Eiehler; 11th October 2012, 13:41. Reason: spelling

Re: HP MSM710 Controller

The wireless certificate probably uses a weak encryption. Update the certificate with a supported encryption.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Hmm, that's easier said then done. Doesn't seem to be anyway of generating a CSR request

Comment

This link to the hp website will help you.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/.../c02638173.pdf

The controller does needs the complete certificate chain in one certificate.
        gerth

Comment

It did, thanks for that. I now have a a valid SSL certificate from Digicert installed however, iOS devices still did not work on the guest network.

Comment

Can you explain more

Do the connect but no traffic
            Do your ios devices get an ip address
            What are your guest network settings?
            Are you running internal or external radius?

ios devices do not connect to a wireless network with a weak certicate, but you have got that solved.
            gerth

Comment

I had to call HP in the end. Just by setting up the Internet port on the MSM710 and using that as the default gateway fixed this issue for me.

Thanks for your help gerth.

Comment

Working...
              X