Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run vbs to map drives after VPN connection

Hi guys,

Im looking for a method to map a users drives after the connect to the network via a vpn. Currently Im just using the built in client within Windows 7 - I cant see any advanced features to run a script after the connection has been made - any suggestions please?

Thank you

Re: Run vbs to map drives after VPN connection

Just looking at RASDIAL but you have to add a username and passwword to the script which is not only a security flaw but the laptop is shared so different users will try be using it :S

Comment

Why not create a batch file for the user. Once they login via vpn, click on batch file to map remote drives.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
        Why not create a batch file for the user. Once they login via vpn, click on batch file to map remote drives.
        Thanks - I had a batch file previously which works fine - I just wanted to make it a little more seamless

Also mapping the usres home directory - how would I query the logged in AD user account as opposed to the local logged in account which are different.

Thanks

Comment

The easiest way would be to use AD authentication for your vpn.
          CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
          CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
            The easiest way would be to use AD authentication for your vpn.
            I am using this, but trying to use a VBS to map the drives picking up the current user it uses the local user account as opposed to the VPN authenticated account. Maybe I should move this question to a different forum section.

Comment

oh. now i understand what your other post is about.

make your script prompt the user for their username... ?
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                oh. now i understand what your other post is about.

make your script prompt the user for their username... ?
                Yeah although your post in the other topic should work. If I can store the username as a variable then I should be able to use this to map the user name to thier home directory

Comment

If your computers are domain joined, you can simply login with cached credentials.
                  I still don't understand why you would use any local accounts.

Create a VPN connection using the Connection Manager Administration Kit and apply this to your users. The scripts can be run easily at VPN login.
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                    If your computers are domain joined, you can simply login with cached credentials.
                    I still don't understand why you would use any local accounts.

Create a VPN connection using the Connection Manager Administration Kit and apply this to your users. The scripts can be run easily at VPN login.
                    Thanks Dumber, I'll have a look at this

Comment

actually.. CMAK is what one of my clients has done..
                      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X