Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow running network...

hey guys ...

I am facing slow running network at my organisation. My network is totally VLAN based. When I fire PING cmd to any host i got reply in <1 but when they works on network it's running slow ...How to figure out this problem ???

Re: slow running network...

Need more specifics. What does your network look like? A diagram may help. Is it slow to hosts on specific segments. The variables could be endless.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

I have lynksys SGE2000 L3 switches . total 13 VLAN are created. more than 250 users on different different network. when I ping any one of them i got reply in "<1" ms.. i also checked from host side. same result were there... But when user starts working and accessing servers after this element network goes down. during this working period i also verify ping that reply "<1" ms. I didn't find any flooding on network. Is there any tool to find out what exactly happen in network...?

Comment

How many switches? Are the switches trunking or running layer 3 between them? Have you checked the cpu/memory utilization on the switches? Any network monitoring software may give you a clue on whats going on. Maybe worth while to create a span session (if you can do it on the switches) and looking with wireshark to see what traffic is passing through the switches. Are there any qos mechanisms in place? Any filtering between vlans? Have you checked for spanning tree issues? Is it specific to a particular vlan ? Do hosts have issues when communicating with hosts in the same vlan? Is routing setup properly? Have you checked the logs on the switch? Do you see any interfaces flapping?

Its impossible to give you a direct answer as we dont know the layout of the network.
        Last edited by auglan; 28th August 2012, 18:35.
        CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
        CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
        X