Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Job Monitor in Work-group

Hi Every one,,

I have two printer hp 2600n (192.168.1.153) & canon ir 2530 (192.168.1.152) .

Domain PC = windows 2008 (192.168.1.150).

20 Client user are accessing services using wifi and they are in Workgroup.

I want to check which employee is printing and how many pages he is printing.

Waiting for your replies.

Re: Printer Job Monitor in Work-group

Are the printers shared on a server or are clients connecting directly to them (local printers)?

There is plenty of print monitoring software -- use for more info
    Typically there is a cost involved but savings in paper through quotas etc should make up for it

You could use some event forwarding and capture print events from all the workstations

btw, with 20 members in a workgroup, you would find management a LOT easier if you moved to a domain!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your reply..

these printer are connected to switch and users are accessing them via the network..

I tried few printer monitoring softwares but those are not working.

Kindly suggest some softwares to complete this task...

event forwarding and capture print events from all the workstations --> how to achieve this one..

Comment

So which ones have you tried and what doesnt work with them?

Best suggestion would be to start by sharing the printers on a server and users accessing them as a network printer. That means all jobs will go via the server first so some information will be captured in one location not many

For event forwarding, use or possibly get a consultant to help you
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Print job Monitor and CZ Print Management Solution...

Can you please help me

i add the printers to my domain using network .. and then configure it as share ---ok

then i configure the printers on the client by using sharing ..

Next what to do??

Comment

Sorry, do you have a domain or a workgroup?

Regardless, yes, create printers on a server as a local printer, then share it
            On clients, remove the local printers and connect to the shared printer on a server
            As print jobs are done, they will be recorded in event viewer and you can search for them
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

I have a domain controller but not even a single pc is under this domain..

I tried to do the same but in my pc iam unable to find the shared printer ..

how to add the shared printer to my pc , where my pc is shows as workgroup..

Thanks for your valuable time and considerations

Comment

Not sure if those units have some sort of accounting built in or not. I would assume not. We use a product called Equitrac in our domain. It does require software in the printers firmware and an accounting server as well. Each agent gets a bill code that is entered for any print job for billing purposes.
                CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
                CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
                X