Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect wireless router via TMG and not ask for authentication user/ domain passwd..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect wireless router via TMG and not ask for authentication user/ domain passwd..

First question: I have a brand new TMG Installed and setup some rules. But i need to have one wireless router for a special office which should not be filtered by TMG. How can i setup TMG rule and the wireless rounter to not be filtered on TMG ? The linksys wireless rounter should also NOT ask for domain authentication.. it should allow directly access to outside without any authentication.
    Second question: Outlook which has IMAP with a gmail account somehow its not allowed to login to IMAP how can i set a rule to allow IMAP via outlook on TMG?
    Thanks alot

Hope someone could HELP ME

Re: Connect wireless router via TMG and not ask for authentication user/ domain passw

1. Put the wireless router on a perimeter network of the TMG (Another NIC) so you can configure different network rules for it.

2. Allow IMAPS (Port 993) oubound from internal.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Connect wireless router via TMG and not ask for authentication user/ domain passw

Thanks for your reply Cruachan but Nr 1 doesnt help me because i cant define what you mean whith 1. Put the wireless router on a perimeter network of the TMG (Another NIC) so you can configure different network rules for it.

And 2. Allow IMAPS (Port 993) oubound from internal. (i have done this i think) I have created a rule With selected protocols imap4 imap4server imaps imaps server pop3s smtp and smtp server from internal and local host to external ,internal and local host. users all users, all domain users content types all. And it still wont allow outlook even to login when i did the test...

Hope you could help me.
      Thanks alot

Comment

Always review your firewall logging. It's there for a reason you know
        So if "it" doesn't work, post the logging about it.

For the first question, cruachan is correct. You need an additional network interface where the router is connected too. Then you can configure route relationships firewall rules etc. It's basically a DMZ from the TMG perspective.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
        X