Token Ring Card Config in HIS 2000 Win2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Token Ring Card Config in HIS 2000 Win2003

I have configured a machine with windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. Installed Host Integration Server 2000 at same machine, configured (DLC) protocol after downloading it from Microsoft. But when I configure services in HIS 2000 and try to link Token Ring Card, It does not show it for configuration... How Can I ???

same issue in windows 2000 was resolved after resetting Token Ring Card and restarting machine but did not resolve in win 2003.

Please help ....

Re: Token Ring Card Config in HIS 2000 Win2003

Token ring?? Really?? Are you sure the driver you're using is a Win 2003 driver, or are you still using the Win 2000 driver in the newer environment?
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

i'm very much on the "WTF" page here too.
      have you discovered a flaw in the token ring network driver, that breaks the time/space continuum and allows you to post to this forum, 20 years ago ? :P
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RicklesP View Post
        Token ring?? Really?? Are you sure the driver you're using is a Win 2003 driver, or are you still using the Win 2000 driver in the newer environment?
        I didn't use any additional drivers of any window for Token Ring Card, but windows 2003 automatically selected and installed the drivers for Token Ring Card.

Comment

Check in Device Manager that the drivers are enabled. I have found that sometimes it says it is OK but the drivers really aren't working. Suggest you obtain the non Microsoft drivers if you can and install them.

Install the 2000 drivers and see if they work if you can't get the manufacturers 2003 drivers.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Check in Device Manager that the drivers are enabled. I have found that sometimes it says it is OK but the drivers really aren't working. Suggest you obtain the non Microsoft drivers if you can and install them.

Install the 2000 drivers and see if they work if you can't get the manufacturers 2003 drivers.
            May u guide for third party drivers, as I couldn't find it from anywhere,

in Device manager it shows that nothing is disabled.

Any registry entry for same static configuration (i.e to enable drivers)

Kindly any hint for configuration,

Is it necessary to configure line no in T/Ring Card properties >> Configure >>> Advanced >> something like line no .. as (400000000???) line no for mainframe, or it would work by selecting the line no automatically.

Pre-Thanx
            Last edited by UFC; 16th April 2012, 17:36.

Comment

Any hint as to the manufacturer & model of the card?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have about 5 Types of Token Ring Cards, all have same response / issue...

Card names are likely (Almost same) as below ....

1. IBM PCI Token-Ring Adapter

2. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI RingNode MK3

3. Madge Smart 100/16/4 PCI RingNode

4. Olicom RapidFire Token-Ring 16/4 PCI adapter

5. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI RingNode MK4

All are detected in Windows 2003, automatically drivers are loaded, DLC protocol I m using is downloaded from Microsoft but against XP, (As microsoft says that same is used for windows 2003). But in HIS 2000 (at win2k3) it does not show token Ring Card in 802.2 DLC Link Services.

Is it possible to use it at Windows XP for same purpose and windows XP be joined domain for users database ??????????????????????

Waiting for help ...

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post

I have checked in Device Manager, there isn't any error/disability indication for drivers, even then I disabled/enabled it but in vain..

I have tried to use same drivers of win 2000 by extracting it and using in win 2003 but it did not pick and said that no better match for drivers found ...

Any Registry Entry to be edited to show network cards including T/Ring Cards ... ??????

Comment

1. IBM PCI Token-Ring Adapter - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/down...DocID=DS013598

2. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI RingNode MK3 - http://download.cnet.com/wpcz2en-exe..._4-137341.html -

3. Madge Smart 100/16/4 PCI RingNode - http://download.cnet.com/wpcz2en-exe..._4-137341.html

4. Olicom RapidFire Token-Ring 16/4 PCI adapter - http://download.cnet.com/OLICOM-EXE/..._4-162075.html

5. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI RingNode MK4 - http://www.edriverdownload.com/madge...er-driver.html

Failing that, purchase a new Token Ring adapter that has the appropriate driver.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X