Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless roaming ?

looking at a potential client at the moment
    they have a couple of wireless routers, on 2 different SSIDS - let's say Company1 and Company2.
    One is a netgear, one is a Linksys.

If I were to put them on the same SSID, but two different channels, would this cause roaming problems, with wireless clients constantly trying to re-authenticate between each of them depending on which was stronger at the time?

I assume I need some sort of backend, and same-vendor equipment for this to be seamless ?

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: wireless roaming ?

It should work fine. In general the roaming is a client side feature. Just for a couple of AP I don't think you can justify the expense for a controler as they don't come cheap, esp hardware ones.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Got the same setup at home due to my daughter's PSP not having good range. Both APs are on the same SSID with different non overlapping channels and we don't have a problem when we go warwalking throughout the house.
      11 was a racehorse.
      22 was 12
      1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
      ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

cool..thanks gents

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

Working...
        X